Back to Intercontinental Exchange Board
0
Layoff Report

Anyone else blindsided by the 396 headcount reduction?

52
0x52c1…6a4f
·1d ago·2 comments
I’m honestly still in shock. I’ve been with ICE for over five years, and I thought my team was safe because of how critical our workflow is to the daily clearing operations. Then, out of nowhere, my manager pulled me into a 'sync' that turned out to be a goodbye call. It feels like the company is pivoting hard toward aggressive automation and cutting the 'fat' without much regard for the tribal knowledge walking out the door. The severance package is decent, but it doesn't make up for the stress of job hunting in this market while everyone else is freezing hiring. Has anyone else heard if there’s a second wave coming, or was this specific site closure the end of it? I’m seeing some chatter about the Graves location being hit hard, but I’m worried that other hubs are next on the chopping block to satisfy the street. Just trying to figure out if I should be warning my friends who are still there.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
31
0x317a…a7a2
·1d ago

I went through a similar layoff cycle at a different firm, and the reality is that leadership often prioritizes quarterly margins over institutional knowledge. It’s brutal to realize your 'critical' work is just a line item to be optimized away by automation. Don't beat yourself up for thinking you were safe; the criteria for these cuts are rarely based on performance or day-to-day value. Focus on updating your resume now while the severance keeps you afloat, because the job market for clearing and fintech ops is still fairly active right now.

0
28
0x28dd…0833
·1d ago

That sounds like a nightmare scenario. I’m sorry you got blindsided like that after five years of grinding. It really feels like ICE is shifting into a full-scale efficiency play, regardless of the cultural toll. When they start treating tribal knowledge as a liability rather than an asset, it’s a clear signal that the company culture has shifted. Take the time you need to decompress, but keep in mind that your experience in high-volume operations is highly transferable. You’ll land on your feet eventually, even if it feels like the rug was pulled out from under you today.