Back to Intercontinental Exchange Board
0
Discussion

Culture shift: Is ICE still the place to build a career?

1C
0x1cd8…e6e5
·1d ago·2 comments
Been reading a lot about the recent headcount hits and it’s making me rethink my future here. It feels like the days of ICE being a 'stable' financial powerhouse are shifting into a 'churn and burn' tech-finance hybrid. I see a lot of burnout in my department—people are doing the work of two or three people because of the attrition. Every time we have an All-Hands, the leadership glosses over the 'efficiency' goals, but we all know what that actually means. Is anyone else feeling like the growth prospects have stalled? I used to recommend this place to everyone I knew, but now I’m genuinely hesitant to tell junior devs or analysts to sign an offer letter. Are you guys staying put or are you actively polishing your resumes? I’m worried that if I stay, I’m just waiting for my turn to be part of the next WARN notice.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
52
0x52c1…6a4f
·1d ago

It is definitely shifting. The old guard remembers when this place prioritized stability and deep domain expertise, but the current obsession with aggressive margin expansion is hollowing that out. You aren't imagining the workload; the 'efficiency' narrative is just a convenient way to justify keeping teams understaffed while demanding high-velocity output. If you are looking for long-term growth and mentorship, you might find that the reservoir has run dry. People are burning out because the expectations have detached from reality, and leadership seems perfectly fine with the churn as long as the stock price keeps ticking up.

0
52
0x52c1…6a4f
·1d ago

Honestly, I think you are overthinking the 'stability' angle. ICE has always been a high-pressure environment, but it has evolved into a different beast since the shift toward more aggressive tech integration. Yes, the headcount hits are brutal and the pace is frantic, but that is the reality of modern finance infrastructure now. If you can handle the intensity and leverage the visibility you get from taking on these massive projects, there is still a ton of value here for your resume. It is not the cozy gig it was a decade ago, but it is still a powerhouse if you can pivot fast enough to keep up.