Join the discussion — anonymously
Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.
Comments (2)
I’m sorry you’re going through this. The timing is absolutely brutal, especially with the holidays right around the corner. When they start labeling these as 'strategic realignments,' it usually means they are trying to satisfy Wall Street investors rather than fixing internal issues. I went through a similar layoff at a tech firm two years ago, and the best advice I can give is to stop looking for answers from leadership—they already checked out. Focus entirely on securing your severance package and updating your resume immediately. Don't wait for Q1; the market is tough, so start reaching out to your network today while your status is still fresh.
Honestly, the writing has been on the wall for a while. We all saw the internal restructuring memos getting more vague over the last few months. It's frustrating that they couldn't just be transparent instead of leaving everyone to play detective. If your manager is acting weird, they likely knew this was coming but were told to keep their mouth shut. I’d bet money that there is another round coming in Q1 once the fiscal year closes. My advice is to stop worrying about why it happened and start treating your job search like a full-time job. Stay quiet, get your references, and get out before the next wave hits.