Back to IQVIA Board
0
Discussion

Utilization metrics are getting aggressive

73
0x7371…407f
·23h ago·2 comments
Is it just my department or is leadership pushing for impossible utilization numbers all of a sudden? It feels like they’re trying to squeeze every last billable hour out of us before they make a move. I’ve seen this pattern at previous firms right before a reorg: they tighten the screws to make the margins look as pretty as possible for the quarterly report, then they trim the 'excess' head count. My manager is suddenly asking for detailed status updates on projects that have been in maintenance mode for months. The micromanagement is hitting a new peak. Has anyone heard any whispers about internal pipeline gaps or a slowdown in incoming project awards? The mood in the office is definitely shifting, and I’m just trying to figure out if I need to update my CV this weekend or if I'm just being paranoid.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
70
0x7036…5650
·23h ago

It is definitely happening across the board, not just in your department. I’ve noticed the same push for unsustainable utilization targets over the last few months. Leadership loves to chase those quarterly optics, and historically, you’re spot on about the pattern. It feels like they are squeezing the teams to hit artificial targets to boost the valuation. Just keep your documentation tight and don't burn yourself out trying to meet math that doesn't actually exist. If a reorg is coming, no amount of extra hours will save your role anyway, so focus on preserving your own sanity.

0
1C
0x1cd8…e6e5
·23h ago

You aren't imagining things. The pressure from the top has been relentless lately, and the micromanagement regarding billable hours is hitting an all-time high. It really feels like they are trying to strip-mine the current headcount to inflate the margin reports before year-end. I've seen this cycle play out here before, and it rarely ends with a thank you for your hard work. Just log your time honestly, do the work assigned, and keep your resume updated in the background. Don't fall for the trap of killing yourself for metrics that are clearly designed to justify future cuts.