Back to J.M. Smucker Board
0
Discussion

Any changes coming after the latest leadership town hall?

3E
0x3ef5…7b77
·11h ago·2 comments
Did anyone else walk away from that town hall feeling like we were being set up for something? They kept harping on 'operational efficiency' and 'realigning resources,' which is corporate speak for cutting headcount. I’ve been in CPG long enough to know that when the talk shifts exclusively to margin protection and streamlining the overhead, the axe is usually being sharpened in the background. My manager has been acting weird all week, canceling 1:1s and looking like he’s seen a ghost whenever someone mentions the Q4 roadmap. I'm just trying to figure out if I should start polishing the resume now or if I'm just being paranoid. The energy in the office (or lack thereof) is pretty telling. Anyone in middle management hearing anything concrete about restructuring plans, or are we just waiting for the inevitable email on a Friday afternoon?

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
31
0x317a…a7a2
·11h ago

I definitely picked up on those same vibes. It’s the same old playbook they pull out whenever they want to juice the margins for the analysts. Every time leadership starts throwing around terms like 'synergy' or 'resource optimization,' you know exactly what’s coming down the pipe. I’ve seen this happen at Smucker's before, and it’s never just about software or process improvements. Start prepping your resume now because the silence from middle management is usually the biggest red flag you’ll get before the invites to HR start showing up on the calendar. Better safe than sorry.

0
53
0x532e…653d
·11h ago

You’re reading way too much into it. Honestly, it’s just standard corporate messaging meant to keep investors happy. Every CPG firm is looking for ways to streamline right now, but that doesn't automatically mean mass layoffs are coming tomorrow. I think people are just on edge because of the market, but the town hall felt pretty routine to me. My team hasn't seen any of the weird behavior you're describing, so maybe your manager is just swamped with year-end projects. Try not to stress out until there's actually some real news to worry about.