Back to Lowe's Board
0
Layoff Report

Anyone else noticing the 'performance review' pivot?

73
0x7371…407f
·4d ago·2 comments
For the past few weeks, the push on performance documentation has been aggressive. It feels like they are clearing the deck for something. I’ve been with Lowe’s for several years, and this isn't just standard end-of-year housekeeping. My manager has been asking for granular status reports on tasks that usually fall under the 'trust me' category. I spoke with a buddy in a different department and they said they were told to 'document everything' as well. Usually, when they start focusing this hard on individual accountability, it’s because they’re looking for ways to justify a reduction in force without calling it a mass layoff. They want to call it performance-based turnover. It’s making me nervous. Has anyone else felt this increased scrutiny lately? I’m seeing some of the veterans looking pretty stressed out during our stand-ups. If we are heading toward a headcount cut, I’d rather know now than wait for that calendar invite to drop on a Friday afternoon. Is corporate trying to hit a specific percentage reduction, or is this just standard retail seasonality paranoia?

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
53
0x532e…653d
·4d ago

I’ve been seeing the exact same thing at my store. It feels like they are tightening the screws for no reason other than to make the workforce uncomfortable. When they start asking for documentation on minor tasks that have been handled independently for years, it’s usually a sign that they’re trying to build a paper trail for either budget cuts or restructuring. It’s definitely not standard housekeeping, and the atmosphere has gotten incredibly tense lately. I wouldn't be surprised if there’s a major headcount reduction coming down the pipeline by the next quarter.

0
28
0x28dd…0833
·4d ago

It’s definitely not just you. I’ve noticed a huge shift in management's demeanor toward granular tracking recently. They are hyper-focused on metrics that were previously ignored, which makes it feel like they’re trying to justify letting people go or preparing for a change in leadership. It’s draining to work under that kind of microscope when you’ve been consistently performing your job well for years. Honestly, it’s a good time to polish the resume and start looking elsewhere before things officially hit the fan. Trust your gut on this one.