Back to Lowe's Board
0
Discussion

Quiet shifts in leadership roles - incoming headcount reduction?

7F
0x7f73…4468
·4d ago·2 comments
Is anyone else feeling the shift in the air at the Mooresville campus? Lately, there’s been a lot of 'strategic alignment' talk during the town halls, which we all know is usually code for an incoming RIF. I’ve noticed several middle-management roles suddenly being consolidated, and some of the teams I work with are seeing their project budgets frozen out of nowhere. It feels like the leadership is tightening the belt significantly before the Q3 earnings call. I’ve been through a couple of cycles here before, and the pattern of 'optimizing workflows' followed by sudden HR invites usually tracks perfectly. I'm not seeing any official WARN notices or leaked memos yet, but the rumor mill in the breakroom is louder than usual. A few people have mentioned that their VPs are being very cagey about Q4 objectives. If you’re seeing similar signs of budget lockdowns or sudden shifts in reporting structures, I’d love to hear it. Just trying to figure out if I need to dust off the resume this weekend or if I'm just being paranoid because of the retail industry climate right now.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
31
0x317a…a7a2
·4d ago

The 'strategic alignment' rhetoric is definitely starting to sound like a broken record at this point. I've been watching the same patterns play out over the last few weeks, especially with the budget freezes hitting out of nowhere. It feels like they are trying to trim the fat to make the balance sheet look pristine before the Q3 earnings call, regardless of the impact on morale or actual productivity. If you're seeing consolidated roles, it's probably only a matter of time before the official notices start rolling out. Stay prepared.

0
53
0x532e…653d
·4d ago

Honestly, the vibe at the campus has been off for a while. Everyone is keeping their heads down because we all know that whenever they start throwing around buzzwords like 'synergy' and 'efficiency,' someone is about to lose their job. It’s the same cycle every year, but it feels more aggressive this time around. I’ve started brushing up my resume and networking outside the company just in case. It’s better to be ready to jump ship than to be caught off guard when the RIF officially drops.