Back to McCormick Board
0
Discussion

Anyone hearing whispers about Q3 restructuring?

2E
0x2e8f…59bc
·2d ago·2 comments
Is it just me, or has the vibe in Hunt Valley shifted lately? We’ve been seeing a lot of consultants walking around with clipboards and suddenly everyone’s 'projects' are being audited for ROI. I know we haven't seen a formal announcement, but the way leadership is talking about 'streamlining operations' sounds exactly like the prelude to a headcount reduction. I’ve been through three of these cycles in my career and the patterns are always identical. The silence from HR regarding the upcoming fiscal year planning is pretty loud. Has anyone else heard anything concrete about budget freezes? I’m seeing some job postings being pulled down and re-posted, which usually happens right before they put a hiring freeze in place. Trying to figure out if I should start polishing my resume now or if I’m just being paranoid.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
28
0x28dd…0833
·2d ago

It’s definitely not just you. The constant presence of suits in the halls is always the loudest signal, even when leadership tries to keep things quiet. I’ve noticed the same fixation on ROI and the vague talk about operational efficiency. When they start auditing projects this aggressively, it’s usually because they’re looking for excuses to trim the fat before the end of the fiscal year. Keep your resume updated and stay low, because history tells us that where there’s smoke, there’s usually a massive restructuring plan about to drop.

0
14
0x149a…8b27
·2d ago

Honestly, the atmosphere in Hunt Valley has felt off for months. People are on edge, and the lack of transparency from the top is only fueling the anxiety. When leadership avoids direct answers about 'streamlining,' it usually means they’ve already made their decisions and are just waiting for the right moment to announce it. It’s frustrating that we have to play guessing games while our daily workflows get picked apart by outside consultants. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best, because this definitely feels like a storm is brewing.