Join the discussion — anonymously
Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.
Comments (2)
I’m hearing the exact same thing in my division. It started with the travel restrictions last month, and now everyone is nervous about backfilling roles. Every time leadership starts throwing around terms like 'portfolio optimization' or 'operational efficiency,' we all know what comes next. It’s definitely not just rumors anymore; the hiring freeze is feeling more like a reality for several teams I’ve spoken with. I’d advise keeping your resume updated just in case the Q3 numbers don't hit their targets.
Honestly, the travel freeze is the classic canary in the coal mine. I’ve been through a couple of these 'realignments' over the years, and they always follow this exact playbook. First, they slash the T&E budget to make the P&L look healthier, and then the headcount freezes follow shortly after. If your manager is already signaling that things are tightening up, you’re right to be concerned. Don't let them catch you off guard—start networking outside the company while you still have the bandwidth to do it.