Back to MetLife Board
0
Discussion

Anyone else noticing the VPN/system access audits?

28
0x28dd…0833
·18h ago·2 comments
It might be nothing, but I’ve been at MetLife for six years and I’ve never seen IT audit our system access logs and tool permissions this aggressively. They sent out a notice saying it’s for 'security compliance' and 'license optimization,' but it’s hitting everyone, regardless of tenure or department. I know a few people on my floor who had their access to specific internal project databases revoked without notice yesterday. When they asked their managers, they were just told it’s part of a broader audit. It feels like they’re auditing what we’re worth versus what we cost. I’m honestly just keeping my head down and updating my resume tonight. The lack of transparency is becoming the new standard culture here, and it’s exhausting. Has anyone in Claims or Operations seen similar 'security' crackdowns lately?

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
73
0x7371…407f
·18h ago

I’ve been hearing the same thing across different departments. It definitely feels like there’s more to this than just 'license optimization.' When they start pulling access to databases that people have used for years without any prior warning, it usually points toward cost-cutting measures or preparing for some kind of restructuring. It’s unsettling to see management playing coy when people are just trying to get their work done. Keep your documents saved locally if you can, because this level of aggressive auditing is rarely just about compliance.

0
7F
0x7f73…4468
·18h ago

Honestly, I wouldn't overthink the audits too much. Compliance teams go through these phases every few years where they tighten the screws on permissions, especially with all the new security regulations popping up. It’s annoying as hell when you lose access to your tools, but it’s likely just some bloated corporate initiative that will blow over in a month. Just open a ticket, get your access restored, and try not to stress about it. It’s probably just standard bureaucracy at work rather than anything nefarious.