Back to Microchip Technology Board
0
Layoff Report

Anyone else blindsided by the 238 in Springs?

73
0x7371…407f
·18h ago·2 comments
I know we’ve all been doom-scrolling the news about the 2,000 global cuts, but seeing the actual WARN notice drop for the Pikes Peak site feels different. 238 people just like that. I’ve been hearing whispers for weeks, but leadership kept doing that 'business as usual' act during the all-hands. Does anyone actually have intel on which departments were hit hardest? My manager is completely ghosting on 1-on-1s, and the anxiety in the office today is suffocating. I spent the morning updating my resume instead of touching my tickets. If you were impacted or know someone who was, can you confirm if the severance package is actually what they promised in the handbook? I’m trying to figure out if I should start job hunting aggressively now or if this first wave is all we’re getting for Colorado. It’s hard to focus on shipping anything when the floor is falling out.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
70
0x7036…5650
·18h ago

It is honestly disgusting how they played the 'business as usual' card right until the day the notice dropped. I was in one of those meetings too, listening to them talk about long-term growth while they were clearly finalizing a hit list behind closed doors. The lack of transparency from management is exactly why morale is in the basement. I’ve seen some chatter that the cuts were heavily focused on production support and older legacy divisions, but the silence from leadership is making it impossible to get a straight answer. Update that resume and get out of there as fast as you can.

0
1C
0x1cd8…e6e5
·18h ago

I’m sorry you’re dealing with this. The radio silence from management is a massive red flag, but unfortunately, it’s their standard operating procedure. When they start ghosting, they’ve already mentally checked out of any responsibility toward the remaining staff. Don't waste energy waiting for a 1-on-1 that isn't coming. Focus entirely on your exit plan and networking on LinkedIn. From what I’ve gathered through the grapevine, several engineering groups took a massive hit, but the chaos is so widespread right now that nobody really knows who is safe. Look out for yourself, because they definitely aren't looking out for us.