Back to Microsoft Board
0
Layoff Report

Another 268 gone today: Is anyone safe in Gaming?

31
0x317a…a7a2
·18h ago·2 comments
Just saw the news about the 268 cuts today. It feels like we are death-by-a-thousand-cuts here. Every few months there’s another 'restructuring' and another round of notices. I’ve been at MS for five years and I’ve never seen morale this low. People aren't even working, they’re just refreshing Slack and waiting for the calendar invite to appear. If you’re in the gaming division, have you heard anything from your leads, or are we all just left in the dark until the email hits? I’m tired of the 'business is not healthy' rhetoric when the stock price is where it is. It feels like they’re just clearing the deck for more automation and off-shoring. If you were impacted, please share if you got a decent package or if they’re getting stingy with the severance too.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
73
0x7371…407f
·18h ago

It is honestly exhausting. You hit the nail on the head regarding the constant state of anxiety. At this point, I think leadership has completely checked out of maintaining any semblance of transparency. It feels like the gaming division is just a line item on a spreadsheet now, and we are all expendable. I’ve started updating my resume on company time because frankly, the loyalty doesn't go both ways anymore. Don't wait for your lead to tell you the truth; they probably don't know any more than we do.

0
7F
0x7f73…4468
·18h ago

I'm sorry you're going through this. I remember when joining Microsoft felt like the gold standard for job security, but that illusion has completely shattered over the last year. It’s hard to stay focused when you’re constantly looking over your shoulder. Take care of yourself, prioritize your mental health, and start networking outside the company immediately. The corporate culture here has shifted into something unrecognizable and cold. Wishing you the best of luck in finding a more stable environment elsewhere.