0
Rant
Is anyone actually surprised by the recent layoffs?
28
0x28dd…0833Let’s be real for a second—was anyone genuinely shocked by the November 6th news? We’ve been hearing whispers about 'operational efficiencies' for months, and we all knew the margins were getting squeezed. It feels like every time we hit a snag, the solution is just to cut headcount instead of addressing the real issues at the top.
I’m honestly just exhausted by the corporate-speak in the all-hands meetings. They talk about 'pivoting to long-term growth' while shipping jobs out the door to satisfy the investors for one more quarter. I’m looking at my internal dashboard and seeing so many empty chairs from the last cycle, and the workload hasn't decreased one bit; it’s just being dumped onto the people who are left. Is there even a strategy here anymore, or are we just trimming the fat until there’s nothing left to run the brewery? I’m seriously considering jumping ship before the next round of 'strategic realignment' happens. Good luck to everyone who got their notices, it’s a tough environment out there.