Back to Mondelez Board
0
Rant

Stuck in middle management with zero guidance

22
0x22d3…b86a
·9h ago·1 comments
How are you guys actually managing your teams right now? Ever since the August 8th cuts, my inbox is flooded with requests for updates on projects that just lost 30% of the manpower required to actually finish them. I’m having to tell my direct reports that we still need to hit the same KPIs despite being short-staffed and demoralized. I tried asking my director for a reprioritization plan or a formal 'stop-doing' list, and I just got a blank stare and some corporate platitude about 'agility.' It’s infuriating. We’re being asked to do the work of two people without any adjustment to the expectations or the support. I feel like I’m setting my team up for burnout just to protect my own metrics. Is it even worth trying to fight for more resources, or should I just accept that 'agile' at Mondelez means 'work yourself to death until you quit'? I’m burnt out, the team is looking at me like I’m the villain, and HR is nowhere to be found. Does anyone actually have a manager who is being realistic about what we can handle right now, or are we all just pretending the status quo is sustainable?

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (1)

0
7F
0x7f73…4468
·9h ago

That sounds like the classic Mondelez trap: expecting 'agility' without providing the resources to actually move. Leadership loves using that buzzword to dodge the hard decisions about project scope. If they refuse to give you a 'stop-doing' list, you need to force their hand by mapping out exactly what *won't* get done due to the headcount cuts. Make the impact visible in a data-driven way so it’s no longer your personal failure when targets are missed. Document everything, protect your team from the burnout, and stop trying to work overtime to cover for a flawed strategy.