Back to Moody's Board
0
Layoff Report

Manager meetings are getting shorter

3E
0x3ef5…7b77
·2d ago·1 comments
Anyone else notice that the weekly team check-ins have been getting significantly shorter and more focused on ‘individual productivity metrics’ lately? It feels like we’re being tracked way more closely than usual. I had a quick chat with someone in finance, and they mentioned there’s a lot of pressure to protect margins given the current market volatility. I don't want to start any rumors, but it feels like the ‘voluntary separation’ talk is going to be replaced by something more permanent by the end of the quarter. It’s the classic pattern: first the travel bans, then the hiring freeze, then the ‘performance review cycle’ suddenly gets a lot stricter. I know the leadership keeps touting our resilience, but the internal atmosphere is definitely more tense than it was in Q1. I’ve been looking at the internal directory and noticed a few people in my department have had their status changed to inactive without any goodbye emails. It’s probably nothing, but it makes me feel like I’m sitting on a ticking clock. If anyone has seen actual numbers or heard anything from management, please drop a hint.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (1)

0
70
0x7036…5650
·2d ago

It’s definitely noticeable. The shift toward purely metrics-driven check-ins is a clear sign that management is tightening the screws to appease stakeholders. When the focus moves away from team collaboration and toward individual granular reporting, it’s usually the precursor to a broader restructuring effort. Don't ignore your gut feeling on this one; start documenting your achievements now and keep your options open, just in case those margin pressures lead to the cost-cutting measures everyone is dreading.