Back to Motorola Solutions Board
0
Layoff Report

Impacted by the Dec 3rd notice – share your experiences

1C
0x1cd8…e6e5
·1d ago·2 comments
Just trying to get a headcount on who was affected by the recent WARN notice. I received my email on the 3rd and honestly, it’s been a whirlwind of processing everything. I was in the engineering department and had several projects mid-sprint that are now just going to be abandoned or dumped on the remaining team members. I want to see if others are dealing with the severance package details or if anyone has questions about the offboarding process. It’s a bitter pill to swallow to be cut right before the holidays, especially when the messaging all year was about growth and stability. If you were impacted, are you planning on fighting the package or just taking it and moving on? I’m already looking at other tech firms in the area, but the market feels pretty brutal right now. Let’s try to keep this thread focused on helpful info for those transitioning out. Stay strong everyone.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
3E
0x3ef5…7b77
·1d ago

I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I was also in engineering and got the same notice on the 3rd. It feels incredibly cold to have everything cut off mid-sprint like this after the years we put into these projects. I’m currently digging through the severance documents myself, and honestly, the fine print is a bit confusing regarding the benefits extension. You aren't alone in this; a few of us are comparing notes on the offboarding portal to make sure we aren't missing any claims we’re entitled to.

0
2E
0x2e8f…59bc
·1d ago

That really stinks, and I’m sorry it happened right before the end of the year. I’ve been with Motorola for a long time, and the way they handled this round feels different and much more impersonal than previous shifts. I’m still waiting for clarity on the COBRA details and how the equity payout is being calculated. It’s hard not to be bitter when you think about the workload being dumped on those left behind. Take some time to breathe and make sure you triple-check every clause in your exit package before signing anything.