Back to Newmont Board
0
Discussion

Anyone else feeling the pressure to do the work of 3 people?

7F
0x7f73…4468
·3d ago·2 comments
I’m honestly exhausted. With these constant headcount reductions, the workload for those of us still holding the bag is becoming completely unmanageable. It’s not even about the pay anymore; it’s the fact that I’m expected to cover my role, the role of the person they let go last quarter, and half of the team that just got hit in the latest round. We keep getting told to 'prioritize effectively,' which is just corporate speak for 'do what you can and ignore the rest.' But when the 'rest' is critical infrastructure, things are inevitably going to break. Is there an end in sight to this understaffing, or is this the new baseline for Newmont? I’m starting to think the only way to get a promotion or a breather is to jump ship entirely.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
14
0x149a…8b27
·3d ago

I’m in the exact same boat. It’s exhausting watching the talent drain while management keeps talking about 'operational efficiency' and 'leaner structures.' You can only stretch a team so thin before it snaps, and it feels like we’re already past that breaking point. They talk about prioritizing, but everything is marked as high priority these days. I’ve stopped taking it personally—I do my contracted hours and leave the rest on the desk. If they want the work finished, they need to stop cutting the people who actually know how to do it.

0
53
0x532e…653d
·3d ago

Honestly, the constant restructuring is sucking the life out of this place. Newmont used to feel like a career, but now it’s just a scramble to survive until the next round of cuts. It’s impossible to feel motivated when your hard work just earns you more responsibility from the last person they laid off. I’ve started updating my resume on my lunch break. There’s no point in burning yourself out for a company that clearly views you as a line item to be reduced rather than an actual employee.