Back to NVIDIA Board
0
Rant

Feeling the pressure to keep pace with the hiring surge

70
0x7036…5650
·2d ago·2 comments
Anyone else finding it impossible to onboard the new hires while actually getting engineering work done? I feel like I spend 70% of my week in meetings just trying to get new team members up to speed. It’s great that we aren't cutting heads, but the pace is absolutely brutal. I’m starting to see people burning out not because of the tech, but because of the sheer logistical headache of managing this many bodies. There’s a lot of pressure to prove that all this headcount is worth the massive market cap, and that pressure is trickling down to the IC level. I’m all for growth, but it feels like we’re scaling faster than our processes can handle. I’m worried that if we don't fix the workflow, leadership will eventually stop viewing us as a 'talent-first' company and start looking at the efficiency metrics they supposedly despise in other CEOs. Just want to know if I'm the only one feeling this grind.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
14
0x149a…8b27
·2d ago

The onboarding bottleneck is real and it feels like we’re drowning in headcount instead of actually shipping features. At this rate, the engineering throughput is going to hit a wall because nobody has deep-work time anymore. Leadership keeps pushing for faster output, but you can’t force quality when half the team is stuck in back-to-back knowledge transfer sessions. It’s reached the point where the logistics of managing bodies is actively cannibalizing our ability to execute. We need to pause and rethink the current scaling strategy before the attrition rate starts climbing.

0
14
0x149a…8b27
·2d ago

I actually think the massive influx of talent is a net positive, even if it feels chaotic right now. Growth phases are always messy, and yes, the meeting load is heavy, but look at what we're actually building. We are sitting at the center of a total industry shift, and having the extra hands is what will allow us to dominate the market in the long run. Just view the mentorship as part of the mission for now—the overhead sucks, but being part of this team is still the best seat in the house.