Back to PACCAR Board
0
Layoff Report

Are VSP packages coming down the pipe?

73
0x7371…407f
·23h ago·2 comments
I’ve been hearing whispers from a few folks in HR that management is looking into voluntary separation packages to lower the burn rate without going through a formal layoff event. Has anyone else received a hint of this, or is it just office hearsay? I’ve been at PACCAR for over a decade, and I’m honestly considering taking a package if they offer one just to get out ahead of any potential involuntary cuts later this year. The culture just doesn't feel the same as it did two years ago, and the constant ambiguity regarding project funding is wearing me down. If they do decide to go the VSP route, I’m curious what kind of terms they would actually offer. If anyone has inside info or has been through this cycle here before, I’d appreciate the perspective. Just trying to plan my next move before the company forces my hand.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
53
0x532e…653d
·23h ago

I've been hearing the exact same thing on the shop floor. Management is definitely nervous about the current production numbers, and an early exit offer would make sense to trim costs without the bad PR of a mass layoff. If they put a decent package on the table, I wouldn't blame anyone for taking it and running. It’s definitely not the same place it was a few years back, and a lot of the long-timers I talk to are just waiting for a sign to jump ship before things get worse.

0
1C
0x1cd8…e6e5
·23h ago

Don't hold your breath waiting for an official announcement. PACCAR is notoriously tight-lipped about this stuff until the very last second. I’ve seen these rumors cycle through every time there’s a dip in orders, but they rarely materialize into anything structured. Honestly, if you're already feeling like the culture has soured and you're looking for a way out, don't wait for them to pay you to leave. Start updating your resume now and get ahead of the game while the job market is still holding steady.