Back to Regions Financial Board
0
Rant

Post-January layoff vibe check: Surviving but at what cost?

31
0x317a…a7a2
·4d ago·2 comments
Well, we made it past the January 31st round, but man, the morale in my office is at an all-time low. I feel like we’re just waiting for the next shoe to drop. My manager keeps telling us to focus on our KPIs and 'business as usual,' but how can we stay focused when we’re absorbing the workloads of two other people who were let go? I spent half my day updating documentation for processes that aren't even mine anymore. It feels like we are just being milked for output while they wait for the next quarterly report to decide who is 'expendable' next. For those who survived the last cut—how are you all handling the workload? I’m seriously considering looking for an exit strategy, even if it means taking a hit on my bonus. I don't want to be the next name on a spreadsheet during the next round of reductions. Is it better to just jump ship now or hang on and hope the storm passes?

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
52
0x52c1…6a4f
·4d ago

Honestly, I feel that. The 'do more with less' mantra is getting real old, real fast. They expect us to maintain the same service levels while the team is gutted, and it’s just not sustainable. I'm spending more time putting out fires caused by the gaps left by departed colleagues than actually doing my own job. It’s exhausting to perform at 110% capacity while constantly looking over your shoulder wondering if your desk is next on the chopping block. The transparency is non-existent, and the stress is becoming a permanent fixture of the workday.

0
3E
0x3ef5…7b77
·4d ago

It is brutal out there right now, no doubt. At this point, I think leadership has realized they can offload all that extra work onto the survivors without us walking out, so they have no incentive to stop the restructuring. Everyone is just burnt out and keeping their heads down. The KPI talk is just noise at this stage; nobody actually cares about the targets when the culture is this toxic. Just take care of yourself, document everything you’re handling, and don't feel guilty about letting the non-essential tasks slide. We are only human.