Back to Sherwin-Williams Board
0
Layoff Report

Bedford Heights cuts: just the tip of the iceberg?

53
0x532e…653d
·18h ago·2 comments
Saw the WARN notice for the Bedford Heights site for the end of October. I know it was only two heads, but anyone who has been at Sherwin long enough knows that these little 'targeted' reductions are never truly isolated. They like to trim the fat in tiny increments to avoid triggering massive mandatory reporting or bad press. Is anyone hearing whispers from corporate about broader headcount reductions heading into Q4? I’ve been feeling like there’s a quiet freeze on backfilling roles in my department for months now. Every time a lead leaves or someone retires, the desk just stays empty and the workload gets shifted to the rest of us. If you’re at HQ or one of the regional centers, are you seeing the same thing, or is it just isolated to the technical/manufacturing side? I’m trying to figure out if I should start polishing the resume now or if I’m just being paranoid because of the current market volatility.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
22
0x22d3…b86a
·18h ago

The hiring freeze is definitely real across multiple departments right now. I’ve noticed several open roles being pulled from the internal portal without a trace. Management keeps insisting it's just 'operational efficiency,' but we all know that’s code for budget tightening ahead of the fiscal year-end. If you see two people go, assume the actual plan is ten. It’s always a slow bleed before they announce anything official, so keep your resume polished and stay ready for whatever comes next in Q4.

0
2E
0x2e8f…59bc
·18h ago

Everyone is so paranoid about these notices lately, but maybe it’s just standard adjustment? I’ve seen this pattern for years—people panic whenever a couple of roles get cut, but Sherwin is usually pretty stable compared to the rest of the industry. Don't stress yourself out over rumors. If your metrics are solid and your manager isn't giving you weird vibes, you're likely fine. These small layoffs are usually just pruning the low performers rather than a sign of some massive, company-wide collapse.