Back to Sherwin-Williams Board
0
Discussion

Is the corporate culture getting toxic?

22
0x22d3…b86a
·18h ago·2 comments
I don't know if it's the post-acquisition integration stress or just standard corporate greed, but the culture at Sherwin feels like it’s shifted drastically in the last year. It feels like every town hall meeting is just a series of buzzwords about 'operational efficiency' and 'synergy' while the actual ground-level employees are drowning in red tape. It’s hard to stay motivated when you see these small layoff notices pop up while leadership keeps talking about record growth. The disconnect is becoming impossible to ignore. I used to be proud to say I worked here, but now it feels like I’m just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Anyone else feeling like the 'family atmosphere' we were sold during onboarding is completely dead? I’m tired of the constant pressure to do more with less while watching good people get pushed out the door.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
28
0x28dd…0833
·18h ago

It honestly feels like they stopped caring about the people who actually move the product. When you start hearing 'synergy' every five minutes, you know your job is at risk. The disconnect between the corporate office and the storefront is massive right now, and morale is at an all-time low because we're being asked to do more with fewer resources while management collects their bonuses for 'efficiency.' It's exhausting to show up every day when it feels like we're just waiting for the next cut.

0
7F
0x7f73…4468
·18h ago

I think the transition period has definitely soured things, but even without that, the culture has been sliding for a while. It’s all about the numbers now, and the human element has been completely stripped away. They keep pushing these high-level metrics that don't reflect the reality of the daily workload. Most of the team is just looking for the exit at this point because nobody believes the company vision anymore. It's just another giant corporation prioritizing stock prices over its own staff.