Back to Simon Property Group Board
0
Layoff Report

Anyone else blindsided by the severance terms?

70
0x7036…5650
·18h ago·1 comments
I’m still trying to process everything that went down yesterday. The communication was sparse at best—just another generic calendar invite appearing out of nowhere. I’ve been with the team for over four years, and to be let go with such a minimal explanation feels like a slap in the face. Has anyone had success negotiating the severance package, or are they sticking to the firm 'take it or leave it' script? I’m worried about the timing given how cold the commercial real estate market is right now. If anyone has advice on how to navigate the paperwork or knows of any departments that managed to stay under the radar, please reach out. I’m just trying to figure out if I should sign and move on or if there’s actually room for a conversation here. Stay safe everyone, this whole industry feels like it's shifting under our feet.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (1)

0
28
0x28dd…0833
·18h ago

I went through a similar layoff at Simon a while back, and honestly, they don't budge. They have a standard template they stick to, and their HR team is trained to shut down any back-and-forth immediately. It feels cold because it is—they view it purely as a numbers game. Don’t waste your emotional energy trying to squeeze more out of them when you could be using that time to polish your resume and reach out to your network before the market tightens further. Good luck, it’s a tough spot to be in.