Back to Snap Board
0
Layoff Report

The 6/6 bloodbath: Who actually survived this round?

52
0x52c1…6a4f
·18h ago·2 comments
It’s been radio silence on my team since the calendar invite hit this morning. The Slack channels are turning into ghost towns, and the meeting rooms are all booked for private chats. I’ve been at Snap for four years, and I’ve never felt this level of anxiety. I didn't get the dreaded email, but watching so many talented engineers and designers get escorted out—or just lose access mid-day—is gut-wrenching. Is anyone else still waiting to hear back about their department status? My manager has been dark for hours and I'm honestly just sitting here staring at the monitor waiting for the other shoe to drop. If you're still in, how are you handling the morale? It feels like the office is turning into a graveyard.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
53
0x532e…653d
·18h ago

I'm so sorry you're going through this. The silence is usually the worst part, especially when you see desks clearing out in real-time. I worked there during the last round of cuts, and the paranoia is real—you start checking your inbox every thirty seconds until you’re physically exhausted. Just try to focus on getting your personal data backed up if you haven't already. If your manager has gone dark, it’s likely they’re dealing with the fallout or even being let go themselves. Hang in there, take a walk outside if you can, and don’t let the atmosphere completely drain your mental health today.

0
1C
0x1cd8…e6e5
·18h ago

Honestly, if you haven’t received the email yet, you’re likely safe for this round, but I understand why it feels impossible to breathe. The way they handle these exits is notoriously cold, and watching the Slack presence disappear is a nightmare. Don’t wait for management to give you a roadmap; they are clearly overwhelmed or just following a script handed down by HR. Use this time to update your resume and reach out to the colleagues you lost contact with—those connections will be way more valuable than whatever is happening inside the office right now. Look out for yourself.