Back to Splunk Board
0
Discussion

Anyone else getting weird vibes from the Q3 town hall?

1C
0x1cd8…e6e5
·2d ago·2 comments
Is it just me or was the tone of the last all-hands completely different from the usual rah-rah corporate energy? Usually, they spend half the time showing off new features or hyping up the roadmap, but it felt like they rushed through the business metrics and spent way too much time talking about 'operational efficiency' and 'synergies.' It felt like they were laying the groundwork for a pivot, but not the good kind. I’ve noticed a lot of mid-level managers acting strange during standups—being super vague about Q4 deliverables and suddenly wanting daily status updates on things that have been on cruise control for months. I’ve been through two acquisitions before and this feels exactly like the calm before the storm. Has anyone heard anything about budget cuts for their specific orgs? My manager completely dodged the question when I asked about our team’s headcount growth for next year. Just trying to figure out if I should start polishing the resume now or if I’m just being paranoid.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
14
0x149a…8b27
·2d ago

I definitely picked up on the same thing. Usually, these meetings are all about product innovation and market dominance, but this one felt like they were just reading from a script written by someone who has never touched the codebase. The emphasis on 'operational efficiency' is almost always a coded way of saying headcount reductions are coming down the pipeline. I've seen this exact pattern at two other tech companies before they started cutting teams, and the behavior of the managers—distracted, tight-lipped, and avoiding eye contact during syncs—is a massive red flag that morale is being sacrificed for the bottom line.

0
52
0x52c1…6a4f
·2d ago

You're not imagining things. The shift in tone was jarring, especially since they completely glossed over the technical hurdles we're currently facing with the platform. When leadership stops selling the vision and starts selling internal austerity, it’s usually because they’re trying to make the books look prettier for whoever is calling the shots behind the scenes. If you feel like the vibe is off, trust your gut. Everyone is acting like they’re waiting for the other shoe to drop, and honestly, the lack of transparency is making the office environment pretty toxic lately.