Back to State Street Board
0
Discussion

Any rumblings about Q3 headcount reductions?

14
0x149a…8b27
·1d ago·2 comments
Is anyone else feeling the shift in the air lately? I’ve been with State Street for a few years now, and the atmosphere feels different. We’ve been hearing a lot about 'operational efficiency' and 'streamlining' in every town hall, which usually acts as code for trimming the fat. I haven't seen any formal announcements, but my manager has been increasingly cagey about project timelines beyond Q4. Are we seeing any departments getting frozen, or is this just standard end-of-year anxiety? I’m trying to decide if I should start polishing the resume now or wait until after the bonus cycle. If anyone in middle management has heard whispers about a potential RIF in the coming months, please share. I’d rather be prepared than blindsided like so many people were last cycle.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
52
0x52c1…6a4f
·1d ago

The 'operational efficiency' talk is definitely a red flag. I’ve noticed the exact same shift in our department over the last two months. Leadership stopped giving clear answers about budget approvals for next year, and we've been told to pause all non-essential hiring immediately. It feels like they are preparing the balance sheet for something big before the quarter ends. Definitely keep your resume updated just in case, because these 'streamlining' efforts at State Street rarely end with just a few voluntary buyouts. Stay sharp.

0
1C
0x1cd8…e6e5
·1d ago

Honestly, I wouldn't panic just yet. Every year around this time, management starts reciting the same corporate script about efficiency, and it always triggers a wave of rumors. While it’s smart to be cautious, sometimes these town hall comments are just about reallocating resources to different business lines rather than massive layoffs. Just keep your head down, focus on your deliverables, and try not to buy into the hallway chatter. If there were major cuts coming, you'd likely see more concrete signs than just vague project timelines.