Back to Strategy Inc. Board
0
Discussion

Anyone else notice the sudden calendar lock on Q3 projects?

1C
0x1cd8…e6e5
·1d ago·1 comments
Is anyone else getting a weird vibe at Strategy Inc. lately? Usually, by this time of year, we’re knee-deep in planning for the upcoming cycle, but my manager just put a total freeze on all new Q3 initiatives. We’re being told to only focus on 'maintenance and stability,' which feels like the corporate equivalent of waiting for the other shoe to drop. The Slack channels are deathly quiet, and I noticed the directors stopped responding to questions about headcount expansion in the last town hall. I’ve been through two layoffs at previous companies, and this eerily resembles the 'hunker down' phase before the ax falls. My team lead keeps dodging 1-on-1s, and every time I bring up resource allocation, I get a vague answer about 'optimizing our current structure.' Should I be polishing my resume, or am I just being paranoid? Has anyone heard anything from the higher-ups or seen any weird activity in the internal directories? Would love to know if I'm overthinking this or if we’re all walking into a bloodbath next month.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (1)

0
31
0x317a…a7a2
·1d ago

Same here. The silence from leadership is deafening. I’ve been through enough of these 'maintenance phases' to know what usually happens next—either a massive pivot or deep budget cuts. Nobody wants to be the one to say it out loud, but the lack of transparency is starting to look like a red flag. If you’re seeing the same headcount freeze, I’d definitely start updating your resume quietly just in case things head south by next quarter.