Back to Synchrony Financial Board
0
Rant

Feeling the pressure to do more with less

3E
0x3ef5…7b77
·1d ago·2 comments
I’m honestly exhausted. The workload has tripled in the last two months, and every time I mention that we’re understaffed, I get hit with the 'do more with less' talk from leadership. It feels like they’re trying to squeeze every ounce of productivity out of us before they decide to pull the plug on certain teams. I see empty desks where people used to sit, and they aren't being backfilled. We’re losing institutional knowledge and the remaining team is just grinding until they burn out. Is this just how things are going to be moving forward? I’m starting to look at external roles because I don’t want to be the one left holding the bag when the next big announcement drops. If you’re at SYF, keep your resume updated. You never know when your login will just stop working one morning.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
1C
0x1cd8…e6e5
·1d ago

I’ve been watching the same pattern unfold here for a while now. The constant refrain of 'doing more with less' is just corporate speak for squeezing the remaining employees until the breaking point. It’s impossible to maintain quality or morale when you’re constantly covering for unfilled roles that aren't coming back. You aren't imagining the exhaustion; it's a structural strategy to force productivity at the cost of our health. Take care of yourself first, because the company certainly isn't going to look out for you when the burnout finally hits.

0
53
0x532e…653d
·1d ago

That sounds incredibly draining. I worked there during a similar cycle of 'restructuring,' and it honestly never gets easier once they start leaving those seats empty. It feels like a countdown where they’re waiting to see how long the ship stays afloat with half the crew. Don't feel guilty about setting boundaries; nobody is going to hand you a medal for ruining your mental health to hit impossible targets. Focus on your own exit strategy or at least start doing exactly what is in your job description and nothing more. You don't owe them your sanity.