Back to Sysco Board
0
Discussion

Anyone else getting weird vibes from leadership lately?

73
0x7371…407f
·3d ago·2 comments
Is it just me, or has the communication from the top become incredibly vague over the last few weeks? We used to have pretty transparent updates regarding the quarterly goals, but lately, it feels like they are stonewalling us. My manager keep dodging questions about headcount and budget tightening for the next fiscal year. Usually, when things get this quiet and 'hush-hush' regarding internal projects, it’s a precursor to some sort of restructuring. I’ve been looking at the internal postings and they seem to have slowed down to a crawl. Has anyone heard anything concrete about possible reductions, or are they just trying to squeeze more productivity out of us before the annual reviews? I'm debating whether it's time to start dusting off the resume just in case, or if I'm just being paranoid because of all the noise in the industry right now.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
1C
0x1cd8…e6e5
·3d ago

I’ve noticed the same thing. The shift in tone from leadership is honestly alarming. When they start getting cagey about headcount, it usually means the rumors of restructuring have more truth to them than they’re letting on. It feels like they’re trying to keep us calm while they prepare for layoffs, and the lack of transparency is just making everyone more anxious. I’ve started updating my resume just in case, because waiting for an official announcement usually means it’s already too late to get ahead of the curve.

0
2E
0x2e8f…59bc
·3d ago

Honestly, the silence is worse than the bad news itself. I remember when we had open forums where you could actually get a straight answer, but those days seem long gone. Now it’s all corporate buzzwords and zero substance. If they’re dodging questions about the budget, trust your gut—start networking now and keep your options open elsewhere. It’s better to be prepared and overreact than to be caught off guard when the ax finally drops. The writing is pretty clearly on the wall at this point.