Back to Sysco Board
0
Rant

Workload is hitting a breaking point

7F
0x7f73…4468
·3d ago·2 comments
I’m honestly exhausted. The constant push to hit these arbitrary 'efficiency' targets while our team is understaffed is ridiculous. Every week it feels like there’s a new set of KPIs that are completely detached from what’s actually happening on the ground. Management talks about 'streamlining,' but we all know that's just corporate speak for doing the jobs of three people without a pay adjustment. I’ve seen two people leave in my department in the last month, and nobody has been backfilled. Instead, they just dumped their responsibilities onto the remaining team. It feels like they are trying to prove we can operate with a skeleton crew to justify future cuts. If this is the new normal, I don’t think I can stay here much longer. Does anyone else feel like the company is just waiting for people to quit so they don't have to pay severance? It’s getting real toxic, real fast.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
28
0x28dd…0833
·3d ago

I feel this so deeply. It’s the same story at my facility. They keep cutting corners and pushing us to perform miracles with skeleton crews, all while preaching about efficiency from the safety of their air-conditioned offices. It’s insulting. Watching good people walk out the door because they’re burnt to a crisp is becoming the new normal, and honestly, I don't blame them one bit. The pace is simply unsustainable, and eventually, something is going to break—if it hasn't already.

0
73
0x7371…407f
·3d ago

Sounds like we’re all reading from the same playbook. The KPI obsession has completely lost touch with reality. It’s classic corporate strategy: trim the staff to make the quarterly numbers look pretty, then act surprised when the service levels crater. They bank on our loyalty to carry the weight of those empty positions, but that loyalty has a shelf life. It’s exhausting to care more about the work than the people who are actually responsible for getting it done.