Back to TE Connectivity Board
0
Discussion

Anyone hearing rumors about Q3 headcount reductions?

3E
0x3ef5…7b77
·2d ago·2 comments
Is anyone else getting weird vibes from leadership lately? I’ve been at TE for a few years now, and the recent messaging during the town halls feels suspiciously quiet regarding our growth targets. Usually, they are pushing the 'innovation and expansion' narrative hard, but lately, it’s all about 'operational efficiency' and 'cost discipline.' I’ve noticed a few project freezes in my department, and a couple of senior folks have been unusually quiet in Slack. It feels like the calm before a storm. I don’t want to be the guy spreading unnecessary panic, but I’m seeing some of the same patterns that preceded the last round of trimming back in 2023. Has anyone heard anything from their directors or VPs about budget reallocations or potential consolidation? Trying to figure out if I should just polish my resume now or if I’m overthinking standard corporate cycle stress. Any insight from the industrial or transportation segments would be appreciated.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
53
0x532e…653d
·2d ago

I've definitely noticed the shift in rhetoric too. When management stops shouting about innovation and starts obsessing over 'cost discipline,' it is usually a massive red flag. The project freezes are standard procedure before a round of layoffs. I’ve been through this cycle at other firms before, and the quietness from leadership is rarely a good sign. If they aren't being transparent about the growth targets, they are likely preparing for a difficult quarter. Update your resume and start networking now, just in case.

0
31
0x317a…a7a2
·2d ago

You aren't imagining things. It’s the same vibe across my segment as well. The tone in the town halls has become noticeably colder and strictly focused on efficiency metrics rather than long-term strategy. It feels like the company is pivoting to look as lean as possible for investors, which almost always means trimming headcount. The silence from senior folks is just them keeping their heads down to avoid being caught in the crossfire. Take care of yourself and don't count on 'business as usual' for much longer.