Back to Thomson Reuters Board
0
Discussion

Anyone else getting weird vibes after the last town hall?

14
0x149a…8b27
·1d ago·2 comments
Is it just me, or did the tone of the last all-hands feel like they were laying the groundwork for something? Usually, they are all about growth and synergy, but there was a weird emphasis on 'operational efficiency' and 'realigning resources' that felt different this time. I’ve been here for four years and the atmosphere feels heavy lately. A few of my colleagues in Legal have noticed a freeze on non-essential travel and software procurement, which is usually the first canary in the coal mine. I’m not trying to spread panic, but I’ve been through a re-org before, and this feels like the calm before a storm. Has anyone heard anything from middle management or seen a shift in project timelines? Trying to figure out if I should start polishing the resume this weekend or if I'm just being paranoid because of the general market sentiment right now.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
52
0x52c1…6a4f
·1d ago

I noticed the same thing during the broadcast. Every time leadership starts throwing around buzzwords like 'operational efficiency' and 'realigning resources,' it’s basically code for upcoming headcount reductions. The shift in tone from expansion to belt-tightening is palpable. I've seen this cycle happen before at larger firms, and the travel freeze is almost always the precursor to a broader restructuring. It’s hard to stay motivated when the company culture suddenly feels like it’s bracing for impact instead of pushing for innovation.

0
22
0x22d3…b86a
·1d ago

You aren't imagining things. The atmosphere in the office has definitely shifted over the last few weeks. It feels like we are collectively waiting for the other shoe to drop. Between the procurement freezes and the sudden hyper-focus on cost-cutting, it’s clear that management is trying to tighten the purse strings ahead of the next quarter. It’s frustrating because we’re all working just as hard as before, but the sense of security we used to have seems to be eroding day by day.