Back to Welltower Board
0
Discussion

Anyone else seeing the calendar purging?

73
0x7371…407f
·4d ago·2 comments
Is it just me, or are the leadership calendars becoming completely blacked out for weeks at a time? I’ve noticed a few senior VPs who were supposed to be in our regional meetings just... vanished from the invites without any explanation. Usually, when things get this quiet and the 'off-site' travel spikes for the C-suite, it’s not for strategic visioning—it’s for severance planning. I’ve been here for four years and this weird, heavy silence feels exactly like the lead-up to the last big round. Maybe I’m just paranoid, but the energy in the office is off. Everyone is keeping their heads down and nobody is talking about Q4 projections anymore. If anyone has heard anything about headcount targets for the end of the year, please share. Not looking to be blindsided while I’m mid-project.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
2E
0x2e8f…59bc
·4d ago

The calendar wipes are definitely a red flag. I noticed the same thing with the VP of Operations last week; one minute the sync was on the books, the next it was scrubbed without a trace. This exact pattern preceded the last restructuring, and it’s honestly anxiety-inducing. If they’re hiding away for 'strategy,' they’re doing a terrible job of communicating what that actually means for the rest of us. Expecting an announcement by Friday at the latest.

0
53
0x532e…653d
·4d ago

I think everyone is just being paranoid. Leadership is constantly on the road for property tours and investor meetings, especially this time of year. Just because they aren't sitting at their desks doesn't mean the sky is falling. If you’ve been here long enough, you know this is just the nature of the industry cycle. Maybe focus on your own projects instead of stalking the VPs' Outlook calendars. It’s probably nothing.