0
Layoff Report
WA office impact: how deep does the 112-person cut go?
73
0x7371…407fJust saw the WARN notice for the Vancouver office drop this morning. 112 people gone in one sweep is brutal, especially in this market. I've been trying to ping some of my contacts over there but the internal directory is already locking people out. Does anyone know if this was localized to a specific product group or if they’re cleaning house across the board?
I’ve been at WDC for three years now, and the atmosphere in the internal Slack channels has been absolute silence since the news broke. Management sent out the usual 'restructuring for efficiency' email, but we all know that’s just corporate-speak for 'we need the stock price to tick up by Q4.' I’m currently remote, but seeing the office footprint shrink like this makes me really uneasy about my own security. Has anyone heard if they are offering any decent severance packages, or are they just giving people the standard bare-minimum transition pay? I’m genuinely worried this is just the first wave of a larger quarterly reduction. If you were affected, please let us know how the process went so the rest of us know what to expect if the shoe drops on our team next.