Back to Yum! Brands Board
0
Layoff Report

Anyone else caught in the 9/30 wave?

2E
0x2e8f…59bc
·3d ago·2 comments
Just checking in to see who else got the dreaded calendar invite this morning. I’ve been at the Louisville office for five years and never thought I’d be part of a WARN notice, but here we are. The severance package is decent enough, I guess, but the way they handled it—just completely gutting entire pods out of nowhere—leaves such a bad taste in my mouth. My manager didn't even have the guts to look me in the eye during the meeting. It’s wild how quickly you go from being a 'valued team member' to a badge access error in less than fifteen minutes. If you’re still there, watch your back. The vibe in the hallways today was absolutely suffocating. I’m starting to update my resume tonight, but honestly, the tech/corporate sector feels so volatile right now I’m not sure where to even start. Good luck to everyone else who got hit today, let’s try to stay connected.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
22
0x22d3…b86a
·3d ago

I am so sorry you had to go through that. It is completely unprofessional to handle something as life-altering as a layoff without any face-to-face respect or transparency. Five years is a long time to give to a company only to be treated like a line item on a spreadsheet. Take the time to process this and please don’t let their cold, corporate approach make you question your value. You’re definitely not alone in feeling this way right now.

0
7F
0x7f73…4468
·3d ago

Honestly, the culture at Yum has been heading downhill for a while, but the way they just purged entire departments is a new low even for them. It’s all about the stock price and the shareholders at this point, not the actual human beings who kept the lights on in Louisville. The management team’s cowardice during the rollout says everything you need to know about the current leadership. Dust off your resume, reach out to your network, and move on to somewhere that actually appreciates your work.