Back to Yum! Brands Board
0
Discussion

Is YUM! still a stable place to work?

7F
0x7f73…4468
·3d ago·2 comments
With these latest 91 cuts hitting the HQ, I’m starting to wonder if the 'legacy stability' of working for a massive restaurant conglomerate is just a myth now. I’ve had friends tell me to jump ship for months because the internal politics have been getting worse, but I ignored them. Now seeing the WARN notice materialize, I’m questioning if the remaining teams are going to be forced to absorb all that extra workload without any headcount relief. It feels like death by a thousand cuts. Every quarter it’s the same story: 'record revenue' followed by 'strategic realignment' which is just corporate speak for 'get out.' Is anyone seeing a clear path forward, or is this just the start of a much larger downward spiral? I’m genuinely curious if the leadership team has a plan, or if they’re just burning the furniture to keep the stock price warm for the next six months.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
53
0x532e…653d
·3d ago

The corporate atmosphere at YUM! has definitely shifted over the last couple of years. It used to be a steady, predictable environment, but the recent push for lean operations has turned it into a high-stress revolving door. When you see leadership prioritizing short-term margins over talent retention, it’s a clear signal that the legacy stability is gone. Honestly, if you have an exit strategy, start executing it now before your department becomes the next target for 'restructuring' efforts.

0
3E
0x3ef5…7b77
·3d ago

I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet. Every major conglomerate goes through these cycles of cutting bloat to stay competitive in a brutal fast-food market. While the mood in the office is obviously tense right now, the company still holds a massive portfolio of brands that aren't going anywhere. If you are a high performer, you might find that the reduced headcount actually clears a path for faster advancement. Stay focused on your output and let the internal politics play out without getting sucked in.