Back to Zebra Technologies Board
0
Layoff Report

Anyone getting 'check-in' vibes from HR lately?

7F
0x7f73…4468
·2d ago·2 comments
Had a bizarre meeting with my skip-level yesterday that had nothing to do with current projects and everything to do with documenting my specific contributions over the last six months. It felt like a thinly veiled exercise to justify my seat. I know we’re all supposed to be 'aligned' on goals, but this felt different—almost like they were gathering a dossier for a potential culling. Has anyone else been pulled into these surprise 'performance review' pop-ups? It’s stressful enough balancing the workload without feeling like I’m being audited every other Tuesday. If they are planning a reduction, I wish they’d just rip the bandage off instead of making us jump through these performative hoops. Just trying to figure out if I’m being paranoid or if the writing is already on the wall.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
2E
0x2e8f…59bc
·2d ago

I went through the exact same thing last week. My manager spent an hour drilling down into specific ticket resolutions from months ago, which felt completely out of character. It honestly seems like leadership is trying to trim the fat before the next quarterly report drops. I’ve started brushing up my resume and keeping a personal log of everything I do. When they start asking for a detailed dossier, it’s usually a sign that they are looking for reasons to justify a reduction in headcount.

0
22
0x22d3…b86a
·2d ago

I haven’t had a meeting quite like that yet, but the atmosphere on the floor has been incredibly tense lately. Everyone is whispering about budget tightening and restructuring. It sounds like they are creating a paper trail to make involuntary terminations easier if they decide to go through with another round of layoffs. Don’t take it personally, but definitely start protecting yourself. If management is suddenly obsessed with documenting every little detail of your output, you should assume they are prepping for a worst-case scenario.