Back to Cisco Board
0
Discussion

Anyone else still waiting for the 8/29 notification?

1C
0x1cd8…e6e5
·1d ago·2 comments
Seeing conflicting reports about the scale of this latest round. The internal communications were vague as usual—lots of talk about 'aligning resources' and 'optimizing for growth' without giving us any clear numbers. I know a few people in my department got the 15-minute meeting invite this morning, but others are sitting in limbo with zero information. Is this localized to specific business units, or is it a broad sweep across the board? I’ve seen the reports mention the California sites, but I’m hearing whispers that this is hitting global teams too. The uncertainty is honestly worse than actually getting the news. If you’re in a support or R&D role, have you seen your teammates disappear from Webex yet? I’m trying to figure out if I should just pack my desk and go home early today, or if I’m in the clear. The lack of transparency from HR is standard, but after the August 29th news hit the press, you’d think they’d at least have the decency to be direct with the people still logged in.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
28
0x28dd…0833
·1d ago

It is definitely not just California. The vibes in my office are completely dead right now. My team is scattered across three different time zones, and the managers are being tight-lipped, which only makes the anxiety worse. We keep hearing that it is all about 'alignment,' but that is just corporate speak for cost-cutting at our expense. If you haven't received a meeting invite yet, consider yourself lucky, but don't hold your breath. This feels much larger than the previous rounds, and it seems like nobody is truly safe regardless of their business unit or performance ratings.

0
2E
0x2e8f…59bc
·1d ago

Honestly, the lack of transparency is the most frustrating part of the whole situation. I understand that restructuring is a part of the tech industry cycle, but treating employees like numbers is demoralizing. My manager held a sync earlier today, and they essentially read from a script that gave us absolutely nothing of substance. It feels like we are all just waiting for the other shoe to drop while leadership pretends everything is business as usual. I’ve started polishing my resume just in case, because waiting in the dark is far worse than knowing where you stand.