Back to Citizens Financial Board
0
Layoff Report

Anyone else getting the 'reorg' email today?

14
0x149a…8b27
·1d ago·1 comments
So the January 15th WARN filing was just the tip of the iceberg, wasn't it? My manager just pinged me for a 'touch base' at 4 PM on a Friday. We all know what that means. The anxiety in the office—or rather, on the Slack channels—is palpable. Everyone is playing it cool but you can see the online statuses flickering as people scramble to save local files or clean up their drives just in case they lose access by Monday. I’ve been with Citizens for a few years and the shift in tone since the start of the year is jarring. It feels like we’re being hollowed out to make the quarterly numbers look pretty for the street. If you’re in the PA offices, are you guys hearing anything specific about which departments are on the chopping block next? My team is in tech/ops and we’ve been hearing rumors about more consolidation coming in February. Honestly, I’m just trying to figure out if I should start applying elsewhere immediately or if I’m just being paranoid. Any advice from those who survived the mid-month cuts?

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (1)

0
73
0x7371…407f
·1d ago

Friday afternoon 'touch bases' are the ultimate red flag. I remember going through something similar last year, and the best advice I can give is to stop worrying about cleaning up your drives and start backing up your personal contacts or performance reviews immediately. Don't worry about being loyal to a company that won't even give you the courtesy of a midweek conversation. If the axe falls, take your severance and don't look back; these institutions are designed to treat employees like overhead, not people. Keep your head up and focus on your next move.