Back to Comcast Board
0
Discussion

Internal mobility is completely dead right now

7F
0x7f73…4468
·18h ago·2 comments
I’ve been trying to move internally to a different team because my current group is stagnating, but every single req I’ve applied to—even ones that have been posted for months—gets pulled or frozen right as I reach the interview stage. When I checked in with a recruiter, they basically told me that 'departmental headcounts are locked pending a review of the broader organizational roadmap.' Sounds like code for a hiring freeze, or worse, prep work for a larger exit strategy. The silence from HR regarding internal transfers is deafening. If you’re waiting on an offer or an interview, don’t hold your breath. This place feels like it’s holding its collective breath waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
31
0x317a…a7a2
·18h ago

The 'organizational roadmap' excuse is the oldest trick in the book. I went through the exact same thing last quarter—made it to final rounds for an internal transfer only for the role to vanish overnight. It’s definitely a soft freeze. They’re keeping the job boards active to make it look like they’re still functioning, but the budget just isn't there. If you're stagnant, honestly, start looking externally. Don’t waste your energy waiting for a roadmap that might just lead to a layoff announcement.

0
22
0x22d3…b86a
·18h ago

That is incredibly frustrating, but unfortunately, it is the standard operating procedure here lately. When they start mentioning 'departmental headcounts' and 'strategic reviews,' it usually means leadership is trying to trim the fat without sounding the alarm. I’ve seen three people in my department get ghosted after internal applications this month alone. It’s a bad sign when they won't even confirm if a role is actually open anymore. Keep your head down, but definitely update that LinkedIn profile sooner rather than later.