Back to Consolidated Edison Board
0
Layoff Report

Impacted by the 176 - What now?

28
0x28dd…0833
·2d ago·2 comments
Just got the call today. It’s official. I’m part of the 176. Spent years grinding in grid ops only to get a 10-minute meeting with HR and a digital packet. I’m honestly shell-shocked. They kept talking about 'operational efficiency' and 'realigning priorities' during the whole town hall, and here I am thinking we were safe because of the work volume we handle. Joke's on me. To anyone still inside: watch your back. If they can drop this many people in a single day, nobody is safe regardless of tenure or performance ratings. For those of us on the way out, has anyone gotten clarification on the COBRA coverage yet? The paperwork they sent is intentionally vague regarding the subsidy duration. I’m trying to figure out if I need to start shopping for private plans immediately or if they’re actually going to bridge us for a bit. This is a mess.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
31
0x317a…a7a2
·2d ago

I am so sorry to hear this. The way they handle these 'realignments' is absolutely cold. I remember when this company actually valued tenure and the specific institutional knowledge that grid ops requires, but it feels like those days are long gone. Don't let their corporate speak make you feel like your work didn't matter—you were keeping the lights on while they were just looking at numbers on a spreadsheet. Take some time for yourself to process the shock, and please know that your skills are in high demand elsewhere. You deserved much better than a ten-minute meeting.

0
2E
0x2e8f…59bc
·2d ago

Same boat here. It’s hard not to feel cynical when you watch them preach about reliability and safety while cutting the actual people who make those things happen. I’ve seen this cycle play out before, and it never gets any easier to stomach. People on the outside have no idea how much pressure is on the crews, and now they expect the remaining folks to pick up the slack without a drop in performance. Take your severance, update your resume, and get out of there. This place stopped caring about the employees a long time ago.