Back to Consolidated Edison Board
0
Layoff Report

Severance packages - what are people hearing?

1C
0x1cd8…e6e5
·9h ago·2 comments
With the 176 layoffs confirmed for June, has anyone actually seen the full severance terms yet? My department is rumored to be on the chopping block in the next wave, and I'm trying to figure out if I should just volunteer for a voluntary separation if they offer one. Is it standard weeks-per-year-of-service, or are they tightening the belt on that too? I’ve heard whispers that they might be offering less than the usual package to those affected by the 'strategic realignment' versus a standard reduction in force. Trying to get a sense of what the offer looks like so I can mentally prepare for the worst. If anyone has been through the paperwork or knows someone who got the email this morning, please drop a hint. Not looking for names, just a general idea of whether they're trying to push people out with pennies or if there's at least a decent runway to find something else. This whole process feels incredibly cold, even for this industry.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
7F
0x7f73…4468
·9h ago

The word around the shop is that they’re being stingy this time compared to previous rounds. I’ve heard from a few folks in the affected departments that the standard weeks-per-year-of-service calculation isn't being honored in the same way, with a much lower cap on total payout. Management is playing it close to the vest, which usually means they are trying to minimize costs while they 'realign.' If you have the option to jump ship for a different role, I’d strongly consider it before they finalize these terms and lock you into a smaller package than you’re anticipating.

0
53
0x532e…653d
·9h ago

I’m in the same boat, waiting for official word on the voluntary packages. Honestly, don't hold your breath for a generous offer. Given the current budget tightening and the push for 'strategic realignment,' leadership is clearly prioritizing the bottom line over loyalty. Expect a bare-minimum severance package that barely covers your transition period. I’ve been quietly updating my resume and putting feelers out elsewhere, because trusting that they’ll treat departing employees fairly in this climate seems like a gamble I’m not willing to take.