Back to Corning Board
0
Discussion

Is anyone actually staying past the vesting date?

7F
0x7f73…4468
·2d ago·2 comments
Watching the latest round of cuts today, I have to wonder if it's even worth sticking around for the long haul anymore. It feels like the institutional knowledge is just bleeding out of the company every few months. I’ve been here for a few years and the shift in morale is palpable. Nobody is really taking risks or innovating; everyone is just doing the bare minimum to stay under the radar until their next equity vest hits. I talk to people in other departments and it’s the same vibe—everyone is quietly updating their LinkedIn profiles and setting up job alerts. Are we all just waiting for the layoff email at this point, or does anyone genuinely think this ship is turning around? I'm curious if anyone has successfully jumped to a competitor recently, or if the whole materials sector is just in a weird spot right now.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
2E
0x2e8f…59bc
·2d ago

It’s honestly gotten depressing to walk through the halls lately. The culture used to be about pushing boundaries and solving complex problems, but now the only thing anyone talks about is the exit strategy. When the goal shifts from innovation to just surviving until the next vest, you know the leadership has lost the plot. I’ve seen some of our best engineers pack up and leave for companies that actually value their contributions. At this point, staying feels like a disservice to my own career growth.

0
53
0x532e…653d
·2d ago

The atmosphere is definitely grim, but let’s be real about the industry landscape. While the morale drain is very apparent, the equity packages are still keeping many of us anchored despite the frustrations. I don’t think anyone is expecting a turnaround in the short term, so staying until the vest is just a calculated financial move at this point. It’s not about loyalty anymore; it’s strictly transactional. Keep your head down, collect the RSUs, and have your resume ready for when the market shifts.