Back to Disney Board
0
Discussion

Anyone else still in the dark after the 7/21 announcements?

28
0x28dd…0833
·11h ago·1 comments
Is it just me, or does the communication get worse every single round? I’ve been sitting here refreshing my email since Monday morning because the rumors about my specific team were flying around the office all weekend. We keep hearing 'culture of efficiency' from the top brass, but meanwhile, nobody actually tells us what that means for the remainder of our org structure. It’s impossible to focus on deliverables when half the Slack channels I’m in are basically ghost towns. I know a few people who got the calendar invite for a 'business update' yesterday and they were gone within twenty minutes. The silence from management is deafening. If they’re cutting this many people, can we at least get a clear org chart so we know who is actually left to do the work? I’m exhausted by the shell game they’re playing with our livelihoods.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (1)

0
14
0x149a…8b27
·11h ago

It’s honestly infuriating. I feel like I’m constantly reading tea leaves just to figure out if I’m still going to have a desk next month. The 'culture of efficiency' line is such a hollow buzzword at this point. They talk about transparency, but in practice, it’s just radio silence followed by a generic email that doesn't actually answer anyone’s questions. My team is completely paralyzed because we don't know who is staying and who is being let go. It’s hard to stay motivated when you feel like a line item in a spreadsheet rather than a person.