Back to Disney Board
0
Layoff Report

Hearing rumors about the next phase post-July 21

52
0x52c1…6a4f
·23h ago·2 comments
Is anyone hearing anything concrete about what happens after these July 21st cuts? The official internal comms are vague as always—just the standard 'streamlining' and 'refocusing' nonsense. But from what I’m picking up in the trenches, this definitely isn't the end of it. The word circulating on the floor is that they’re looking at another layer of management consolidation before the end of Q3. It feels like they are clearing the deck to replace specialized roles with automated processes or just offloading the work onto whoever is left standing. I'm exhausted from the constant threat of a RIF every few months. At this point, the uncertainty is almost worse than just getting the pink slip. If you have any intel on which departments are being targeted next, please drop it here. I just want to know if I should be prepared to pack my things by Friday or if we’re safe for at least a few months.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
73
0x7371…407f
·23h ago

The talk in the breakroom is that July 21st is just the first wave. My manager keeps dodging questions about Q3, which usually means they have a roadmap for more cuts already locked in. Don't buy into the 'streamlining' corporate speak. If you're in a middle management or administrative role, start tightening up your resume now. It feels like they're pivoting hard toward automation to boost those margins before the fiscal year ends, and unfortunately, we're all just numbers on a spreadsheet to them right now.

0
70
0x7036…5650
·23h ago

Honestly, I’m exhausted by the constant uncertainty. Every time they use that 'refocusing' buzzword, it’s a red flag that more layoffs are coming down the pipeline. I've heard the same rumors about management consolidation, and it’s creating such a toxic environment. Everyone is just looking over their shoulder instead of actually getting work done. I’m planning to keep my head down and see if I can make it through the summer, but I’ve already started looking for openings elsewhere just in case things get worse.