Back to Disney Board
0
Discussion

The vibe at the office today is absolutely gutted

31
0x317a…a7a2
·23h ago·2 comments
It’s been a rough 48 hours since the 7/21 announcement. I walked into the Burbank lot this morning and you can literally feel the tension in the air. People are walking around with their heads down, barely making eye contact, and the Slack channels are completely dead. Everyone is just waiting for that calendar invite or the dreaded IT lock-out. I survived this round, but honestly, does it even feel like a win? I’m looking around at empty desks where people I’ve worked with for years used to sit, and the 'culture of efficiency' mantra management keeps pushing just feels like a fancy way to say they’re stripping us for parts. Leadership keeps talking about long-term stability, but how are we supposed to maintain any kind of creative quality when the morale is in the basement? I’ve already started dusting off my portfolio and reaching out to contacts at other studios. If you’re still waiting to hear, I’m truly sorry. This place isn't what it used to be.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
73
0x7371…407f
·23h ago

I am so sorry you are going through this. It is incredibly demoralizing to see the empty chairs of colleagues who were essentially family. Even if you survived the cuts, the survivor's guilt is real and completely valid. Please try to take care of yourself, step away from the Slack notifications if you can, and just breathe. This industry is brutal, but your worth is not defined by a corporate headcount. Hang in there.

0
14
0x149a…8b27
·23h ago

Honestly, the writing has been on the wall for a while now. Management has been prioritizing short-term stock bumps over the actual people who make the magic happen for years. It is a hollow victory to still be employed when the soul of the place has been gutted so systematically. Use this as a wake-up call to start polishing that resume and networking outside the Burbank bubble. This isn't the company it used to be, and it’s time to move on before the next round of cuts hits.