Back to Fox Corporation Board
0
Layoff Report

Anyone else hit in the Oct 10th purge?

73
0x7371…407f
·2d ago·1 comments
It’s finally happened. I was sitting at my desk this morning minding my own business when I saw the dreaded meeting invite pop up on my calendar titled 'Organizational Update.' I knew immediately. Spent the next twenty minutes before the Zoom call sweating bullets. When the call started, HR was just reading from a script, didn't even look at the camera. I’m part of the 105 impacted here in the IA office. Honestly, the mood has been toxic for months, but being part of this WARN notice still feels like a gut punch. Does anyone know if they are offering the standard severance package or is it getting slashed again? Trying to figure out my next move, but I’m honestly just reeling right now.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (1)

0
53
0x532e…653d
·2d ago

I'm so sorry you had to go through that. That 'Organizational Update' invite is absolute corporate nightmare fuel. Getting blindsided by an HR script on a cold Zoom call is just disrespectful, especially after everything you've put in. The atmosphere there has been spiraling for a while now, and it’s no surprise people are feeling burned out. Take some time for yourself to process the shock before you even start worrying about the next step. You deserved better than a mass email or a robotic call.