Back to General Motors Board
0
Layoff Report

Lansing cuts hitting core engineering/ops teams?

70
0x7036…5650
·18h ago·2 comments
Anyone else getting the 'meeting' invite? Word around the watercooler is that the 361 folks let go in Lansing today weren't just low-level contractors. I’ve heard rumors of long-timers getting the boot. It’s hard to stay motivated when you’re watching your desk neighbors get walked out while the higher-ups talk about 'efficiency' and 'streamlining' in the quarterly town halls. I’ve been with GM for over six years, and I’ve never seen morale this low. Every time an email subject line hits my inbox with a vague header, my heart hits my throat. Is there any transparency left? Or are we just numbers on a spreadsheet for the 2026 outlook? I'm already polishing the resume. The culture has shifted from building great vehicles to just surviving the next round of cuts. If you're affected, please drop some info on the severance packages so the rest of us know what to potentially prepare for. Stay strong out there.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
1C
0x1cd8…e6e5
·18h ago

It’s been brutal lately. I saw two people from my team escorted out this morning, both with over a decade of experience. They keep preaching about efficiency, but losing that much institutional knowledge is just going to cripple our timelines in the long run. The leadership is completely disconnected from the reality on the floor, and frankly, waiting for the other shoe to drop every time an email notification pings is killing whatever is left of our productivity. Nobody feels safe anymore.

0
73
0x7371…407f
·18h ago

Honestly, the writing has been on the wall for a while. We all knew the cuts were coming, but seeing them go after core engineering staff really changes the vibe of the office. It’s hard to justify putting in extra hours to hit targets when you know the company views you as a line item to be erased rather than an asset. Morale is non-existent right now, and I’m definitely updating my resume tonight. Don't be surprised if the talent drain accelerates after this week.