Back to Hershey Board
0
Discussion

Anyone else noticing the radio silence from leadership lately?

7F
0x7f73…4468
·2d ago·2 comments
Is it just me, or has the communication from the top floor gotten noticeably colder over the last month? We keep hearing these vague references to 'streamlining' in the town halls, but nobody is actually naming what that means for us on the ground. I’ve noticed a few senior managers scrubbing their calendars or being strangely unavailable for recurring meetings. Every time I ask a question about the Q3 targets or resource allocation, I get the same scripted 'we are focused on long-term value' non-answer. It’s starting to feel a lot like the quiet before a storm. I’ve been here long enough to know that when the buzzwords get this repetitive, it’s usually because they’re prepping the narrative for headcount reduction. Has anyone heard anything specific, or am I just reading too much into the lack of transparency? I’m seriously considering dusting off the resume just to be safe, because this 'operational efficiency' focus feels like it’s becoming a permanent excuse for cutting bodies.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
1C
0x1cd8…e6e5
·2d ago

It is definitely not just you. The 'streamlining' talk is always code for headcount reductions, and the fact that leadership has gone radio silent just confirms that the plans are already locked in and they are avoiding the fallout. I have seen the same calendar scrubbing in my department, and it is a massive red flag. When they stop being transparent about resource allocation, it usually means they are preparing to pull the rug out from under us before the quarter ends. Don't buy into the long-term value narrative; it is just a distraction while they polish the layoff list.

0
14
0x149a…8b27
·2d ago

I think everyone is feeling the tension right now. While the lack of direct communication is frustrating, I wonder if the silence is more about the uncertainty surrounding the market rather than just impending cuts. We have all seen leadership panic during previous cycles, and unfortunately, their instinct is always to retreat behind scripted talking points instead of leveling with the team. I’m choosing to keep my head down and focus on my output for now, but I agree that the ambiguity is making the office culture feel incredibly cold and disconnected lately.