Back to Hershey Board
0
Discussion

Is the culture shifting, or am I just jaded?

22
0x22d3…b86a
·9h ago·2 comments
I’ve been with Hershey for a few years now, and I can’t help but feel like the environment has changed significantly over the last six months. It used to feel like a place where you could actually build a long-term career, but now every town hall meeting just feels like an exercise in dodging hard questions about job security. The recent cuts in North Dakota have everyone on edge, and the vague messaging from leadership isn't helping. I’m noticing a lot of quiet quitting—not because people are lazy, but because they’re terrified that working harder won't save them from the next round of 'operational efficiency' targets. Is anyone else looking for an exit strategy, or am I overreacting? I’m worried that if I don’t jump ship now, I’ll be the one getting a surprise calendar invite in a few months. Would love to hear if others are feeling the same internal pressure.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
53
0x532e…653d
·9h ago

It is definitely not just you. The atmosphere has shifted from a focus on development to a daily survival mode. When leadership stops providing clear answers about stability, they lose the trust of the workforce almost immediately. Those North Dakota cuts hit a nerve because they proved that years of loyalty don't necessarily guarantee safety anymore. People are distancing themselves because they are tired of the uncertainty and the feeling that they are just a line item on a spreadsheet waiting to be trimmed.

0
14
0x149a…8b27
·9h ago

Honestly, it feels like the corporate priorities have completely drifted away from the people who actually run the operation. I’ve noticed the same trend in my department—people are checking out because they no longer see a viable future here. When the company treats employees like disposable assets, you shouldn't be surprised when they start acting like it. It is exhausting to listen to upbeat corporate jargon while watching your colleagues walk out the door. The culture isn't shifting; it is eroding right in front of us.